Memorial

Large_placeholder_br Les Halles Centrales

Sculpture: Les Halles Centrales

These two statues symbolise Water and Earth. Sculpted in 1874 by Louis Samain (1834 - 1901). They formed one of the groups that previously adorned The Central Market. The whole area was demolished in 1956.

Original inscription:

CES DEUX STATUES SYMBOLISENT L’EAU ET LA TERRE.
SCULPTEES EN 1874 PAR LOUIS SAMAIN (1834 - 1901).
ELLES CONSTITUAIENT UN DES GROUPES QUI ORNAIENT JADIS LES HALLES CENTRALES. ENSEMBLE VOISIN DEMOLI EN 1956.

Site: Les Halles Centrales (1 memorial)

1000, blvd Anspach, opposite Anspach centre

Go to map of other memorials in this area