Memorial

Maison Camille Lemonnier Maison Camille Lemonnier

Plaque: Maison Camille Lemonnier

Camille Lemonnier House
{here there is a clever monogram which we believe must read MEB (Maison des Ecrivains Belges) but instead of the M we can only see an A}
Belgian Writers House
---
The establishment is due to the initiative of Monsieur Eugene Flagey, burgomaster of Ixelles. It was approved by the Commune Council, 31 July 1945, and inaugurated in the presence of Her Majesty Queen Elisabeth, 15 September 1946.

Original inscription:

MAISON
CAMILLE LEMONNIER
{here there is a clever monogram which we believe must read MEB (Maison des Ecrivains Belges) but instead of the M we can only see an A}
MAISON DES
ECRIVAINS BELGES
---
CETTE FONDATION EST DUE
A L’INITIATIVE
DE
MONSIEUR EUGENE FLAGEY
BOURGMESTRE D’IXELLES
ELLE A ETE APPROUVEE
PAR LE CONSEIL COMMUNAL
LE 31 JUILLET 1945
ET INAUGUREE EN PRESENCE DE
SA MAJESTE LA REINE ELISABETH
LE 15 SEPTEMBRE 1946

Site: Maison Camille Lemonnier (1 memorial)

1050, chaussée de Wavre, 150

Go to map of other memorials in this area

Subjects commemorated

782

Queen Elisabeth

Born Germany, died Brussels. During WWI she nursed soldiers. With Eugène Y...

Read More

862

Camille Lemonnier

Born: Ixelles. Father a lawyer, mother died when he was 2. Lived for a long...

Read More