Memorial

Nazi headquarters Nazi headquarters

Plaque: Nazi headquarters

This mansion, erected in 1930
by Electrobel, was requisitioned
in June 1940 by the German army which
installed here the Oberfeldkommandantur
of Brussels.
Attacked and retaken by
the British artillery on 4 September
1944, it was restored in 1949.

Original inscription:

CET HOTEL, ERIGÉ EN 1930
PAR L’ELECTROBEL, FUT REQUISITIONNÉ
EN JUIN 1940 PAR L’ARMÉE ALLEMANDE QUI
Y INSTALLA L’OBERFELDKOMMANDANTUR
DE BRUXELLES.
CANONNÉ ET REPRIS PAR
L’ARTILLERIE BRITANNIQUE LE 4 SEPTEMBRE
1944, IL FUT RESTAURÉ EN 1949

Site: Nazi headquarters (1 memorial)

1000, place du Trône, 1

Go to map of other memorials in this area

Subjects commemorated