Statue: Charles of Lorraine at place du Musée
Bronze. Inaugurated in 26 November 1848 to replace a statue of Charles (in Roman dress) which had stood in Place Royale until 1796 when it was removed by the French to be melted down for coins. Charles himself, as Governor of the Austrian Netherlands, had commissioned this first statue in 1769, as to celebrate 25 years of rule.
Site: Charles of Lorraine at place du Musée (1 memorial)
1000, place du Musée