Memorial

Saint-Géry church Saint-Géry church

Plaque: Saint-Géry church

Here stood the church of Saint Géry. Built in the16th century on the site of the chapel belonging to the ancient dukes’ castle of Basse-Lotharingie. It was demolished in 1798 after having been sold for the nation.

Original inscription:

ICI S’ÉLEVAIT
L’EGLISE DE SAINT-GÉRY
BATIE AU XVIe. SIECLE
SUR L’EMPLACEMENT D’UNE
CHAPELLE DÉPENDANT DE
L’ANTIQUE CHÂTEAU DES DUCS
DE BASSE-LOTHARINGIE.
ELLE FUT DÉMOLIE EN 1798
APRÈS AVOIR ÉTÉ VENDUE
COMME BIEN NATIONAL.

Site: Saint-Géry church (1 memorial)

1000, place St. Géry, opposite rue J Van Praet

Go to map of other memorials in this area

Subjects commemorated

774

Saint-Géry church

The origins of this church went back as far as the year 1010.

Read More